Thursday, June 26, 2008

RV Living Journal: Day Five

Yesterday I came to the ranch straight from work. Jason was in town running errands, so I had dinner in the dining hall with Mr. Matt and Ms. Janie. It was chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, and a great green salad. We chatted for a while and then I headed back to the RV to figure out how to vacuum the floors. The RV has a special vacuum system where you plug the hose directly into the wall. It turned out to be very easy! Then, another storm hit, and Jason still wasn't home. Now, I'm not usually afraid of thunder and lightening -I generally enjoy it. But when you're out in the woods, in an RV, by yourself, watching unsolved mysteries, it gets kinda creepy. So, I made sure to lock the door, and sit with a borrowed flashlight by my side and the matches and candle near. I fell asleep on the couch and lived to tell this story!

2 comments:

Joeloise Ghrist said...

haha...I love this story!

Journey said...

Because it just wouldn't be Texas summer camp without some Chicken Fried Steak! I love your RV stories! You are a trooper! You are a GREAT social worker. I will be praying for the burn out feelings. One of my old social work coworkers told me that every so often, she would quit her social work job, go home, and go into the woodshop. She could make wood furniture and would spend a season making it to sell, then eventually go back into social work.

So now, when I'm feeling burned out at the hospital, I think, "I need to go into the woodshop!"

It's probably avoidance, but some semblance of the idea sounds good!

Love ya!
Beth from work